The aim of the program is to support young Russian curators in getting experience during their internship at leading European cultural institutions. Finalists of the selection process will be given a chance to work in one of the five European countries in order to see how leading galleries and museums work, to collaborate with local curators and to develop their own independent curatorial projects.
The program is designed for young curators who already have experience in the field of contemporary art. For the past three years a number of young Russian curators gained experience in working with the most interesting and active European art institutions - Centre Pompidou-Metz (F), Kalmar konstmuseum (SWE), Turner Contemporary (GB), Haus der Kunst (D), Liverpool Biennial (GB), Modern Art Oxford (GB), Färgfabriken (SWE).
At the end of the program, the curators will be encouraged to develop their own projects that will be presented at the final event of the program. The realization of the best project will be financed with a grant of 3.000 Eur.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
1. Download application form here.
2. Submit your applications per e-mail to email@example.com. The subject of your e-mail should contain the country of your choice and your name (e.g. Sweden, Korolyova Svetlana).
- for Sweden – till December 3, 2014
- for Austria, Great Britain Germany, France – till January 15, 2015
3. Based on applications received representatives of EUNIC cluster in Moscow will produce a shortlist of applicants
4. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by representatives of the hosting institutions (via skype) that will select curators for internships.
The dates of the interview will be announced on the official EUNIC website.
5. The internships will be held in the period between January and June 2015.
Here you can find more information about the internship.